INSIDE THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY – Deceptive Marketing Schemes
Today the INSIDER EXCLUSIVE “Goes Behind The Headlines” in INSIDE THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY –Deceptiv e Marketing Schemes ….. to examine how Steve Sheller, Founding Partner of Sheller, P.C, and Brian McCormick, Jr., Managing partner of the firm have successfully exposed the pharmaceutical industry by representing… Industry Insiders…..Whistleblowers… and recovering a record of over:
• $4.2 billion for the U.S. government…
• $520 million against AstraZeneca in April 2010…..
• $2.3 billion against Pfizer Inc. in September 2009 ……and
• $1.4 billion against Eli Lilly & Company in January 2009.
And the Sheller law firm has been the only firm in America…. involved in all three of these extraordinary settlements. Steve’s firm protected the identities of these whistleblowers …..Prepared their cases so that they were the first to file ….which earned them large financial rewards for all the risk they took….all due to Steve’s work and dedication. Steve has been forefront in the fight against big Pharma “pushing” antidepressants and antipsychotics on the public since the days of Prozac
In this Insider Exclusive Special, we will reveal how:
1. The Pharmaceutical Industry, a $650 plus billion dollar a year industry, has been the most profitable business in the U.S., treating “disease” as an industry, accounting for nearly 30 percent of the Gross Domestic product
2. A core attribute to big Pharma’s overwhelming ‘success’ lies in the liaison between the companies and the ‘symptoms management’ health care industry.
3. "The medical establishment works closely with the drug multinationals whose main objective is profits…. and whose worst nightmare would be an epidemic of good health.
4. Lots of drugs MUST be sold. In order to achieve this… anything goes: lies, fraud, and kickbacks, and Doctors are the principal salespeople of the drug companies. They are rewarded with research grants, gifts, and lavish perks.
5. Few Americans realize that the pharmaceutical industry has the worst record of “Illegal Violations of the Law”… than any other industry:
6. International bribery, corruption, and fraud, ran rampant in the testing of drugs, and criminal negligence exists in the unsafe manufacture of drugs.
7. Many people don’t realize …..How drug companies are accused today of endangering public health through wide scale fraudulent marketing schemes………ranging from covertly attempting to persuade consumers that they are ill…. to bribing doctors…. and misrepresenting the results of safety tests on their products.
In this Special, we will examine how the Drug Industry continues to get away with Deceptive “Off Label Marketing”, and How the American Medical Association and the FDA are in many ways complicit in allowing Doctors to continue to prescribe drugs for “off label” purposes. Because of this broken system…. Drug Companies get away with Deceptive Pharmaceutical Marketing for so for years….. Pocketing Billions of Dollars of Profits, and then paying only a small percentage of those Billions in fines and settlements.
Steve and Brian will share why you need to Beware of the Medical-Pharmaceutical complex. And how the pharmaceutical industry has strayed from their original mission of discovering and manufacturing useful drugs and instead………. become vast marketing machines with unprecedented control over their own fortunes. With nearly limitless influence over medical research, education, and how doctors do their jobs. Steve and Brian expose the shocking truth of what the pharmaceutical industry has become–and argues for essential, long-overdue changes.
Only in America… if we are a pharmaceutical executive, or a lobbyist representing a drug company who has collected a litany of charges including …medical fraud…. criminal salesmanship, gaming the insurance industries….repeated lying to federal officials…. and manipulation of data regarding life-threatening adverse effects of drugs that have killed so many people…..Can they get away with a fine … a surge in the stock market after a settlement….a financial bonus….and the personal satisfaction in not having to apologize so we can continue business as usual.
This is the power the pharmaceutical industrial complex possesses…. and its usurped right to distain every noble principle in the Hippocratic Oath that every physician dedicates her or himself to live by, “That I will exercise my art solely for the cure of my patients, and will give no drug and perform no operation for a criminal purpose.”
Steve’s life and career is dedicating to changing this….And because of that success and dedication….he has been continually asked to help some of America’s most powerful people in making a positive difference…. from Secretary Hillary Clinton, and former President Bill Clinton… to the 45th Governor of his own home state Pennsylvania, Governor Ed Rendell
You can contact Stephen Sheller @ http://www.sheller.com/ or 800-883-2299 • PA:215-790-7300